Take these steps following a truck accident:
- Call the police. The police report is a critical official record of the accident.
- Exchange contact and insurance information. However, do not say more than your contact and insurance information because your words can be used against you.
- Take photographs at the scene. Make sure that you photograph the scene and the extent of your injury.
- Write down witness information. Witnesses play a considerable role in truck accident cases.
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel completely fine. Some symptoms may not show immediately.
- Report the crash to your insurance company. But do not accept any money from your insurer just yet.
- Speak with a truck accident injury lawyer. Phone consultation for free.